The Harmony Organic Rubber Mattress 10"
The Harmony mattress can be customized to each sleeper's exact specifications. If you like your bed soft and your sleeping partner likes it to feel firm, you can have both in the same mattress! The middle layer is fully customizable and interchangeable with an easy to use zippered organic cotton cover.
Constructed with a FIRM 4" base layer and another customizable 4" rubber core. Choose from 3 different levels of comfort: SOFT, MEDIUM or FIRM. Topped with a 2" SOFT top, it provides the perfect amount of pressure point reduction, without compromising the underlying support. Surrounding the natural rubber layers is a removable wool and certified organic cotton quilted cover that allows you to air out your mattress seasonally, or to replace individual components should your body type or comfort requirements change in future years.
- 3 Certified natural Dunlop rubber panels: 4" x 4" x 2"
- Queen and kings sizes offer individual customization for each sleeping partner
- Customizable: additional comfort layers can be purchased separately in the future to change the comfort level
- Both the organic cotton jersey top and the wool used in quilting meet the highest standard of organic certification
- Each layer of natural rubber is individually wrapped to reduce friction between layers and reduces movement in the mattress
- Mattress can be quickly assembled or disassembled for ease of moving
- Naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic
- Mattress passes the flame test in Canada and the USA
- Completely manufactured in an organic facility in Canada
- 20 year warranty (10 year non-prorated, 10 year pro-rated)
The Rubber: The rubber is tapped from plantation grown, pesticide free Hevea brasiliensis (rubber tree) and within hours of collection, is baked into the block of rubber (the "Dunlop" process) that forms the basis of your mattress. Other processes and manufacturers can add up to 80% cheap petrochemical additives, but not us! Your mattress core consists of 100% pure natural rubber, with 0% synthetics! (Certified by Eco Institut, Cologne, certification # 1009-12242-001)
The Wool: The layer of pure wool is derived from the shearing of free-run sheep, certified organic by Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). Besides wool's properties as nature's best heat regulator, it is also a very effective fire retardant, which means that unlike commercial mattresses which are sprayed liberally with PBDE-containing(polybrominated diphenyl ether) flame retardants, your mattress will not off-gas this very toxic substance.
The Cotton: The outer cover of your mattress is made of GOTS-certified organic cotton. This strong yet breathable outer cover makes your mattress breatheable, comfortable and luxurious to the touch. And the lack of insecticides and pesticides contained in regular cotton makes it healthier too.
Please Note: A pure natural rubber mattress requires a ventilated foundation! A standard store-bought boxspring is encased in nylon and does no allow for adequate ventilation. We recommend either a standard bed frame with wooden slats, spaced at least 2" apart, or the purchase of a Good Planet Company foundation unit. This is constructed of untreated, seasoned, kiln-dried Canadian spruce, covered in a layer of certified organic cotton. (no synthetic glues, dyes, or finishing sprays are used in any stage of production)